Thursday, February 8, 2018

Birthday Evening Out

So as I said, we were in Scarborough for my birthday. After we'd been to the Sealife Centre we went down on to the front and into the Harbour Bar. It's a Scarborough tradition and it's gorgeous. We got there just about 4.20, which is January means they weren't far off closing. Still, we managed to get drinks and ice creams. I had a strawberry ice cream milkshake which was yummy.

We headed back to the apartment for a little while so I could open my birthday presents. Lee bought me a gorgeous claddagh ring and a few other bits, but we've also booked to go away in March to Skipton too. My mum bought me some jewellery and a really pretty glass, and some other bits. We had some wine and got changed and ready, and headed down to Ask about 7pm.

I'm not sure I've ever been to Ask in any place except Scarborough, but it's one of my favourite restaurants there. It's right on the harbour with views of the bay and loads of lobster nets stacked up next to it. I love it! I booked a table and what made it even sweeter was that I had a voucher for 50% off main courses. That made it really cheap! We each had a starter and a main, and plenty of drinks, and then headed back to the apartment for birthday cake.

I had arancini and a calzone, both of which were so delicious. Everyone enjoyed the food so it was a good choice. Here's some photos:


Strawberry milkshake in the Harbour Bar


My stepdad, mum, Lee, Jen, and Bettie


My mum bought this stuff that you put in sparkling wine and it makes it sparkly and swirly. It's fun but I didn't like the taste of it very much


My friend Laura bought me a Terry Barlow tote bag, I love him so much


Here's the claddagh ring Lee bought me, it has a garnet in it for my birthstone


This was some kind of tropical mojito, I liked it. I shared a bottle of good red with my mum and stepdad too 


The cake wouldn't come out in whole pieces but it was delicious and chocolate orange flavoured


Finally, here was my last photo in the room we were going to share with Bettie and Jen, but the bunk beds were really rickety so we ended up sleeping on the sofa bed in the living room instead. It was pretty comfortable though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment