Thursday, September 29, 2016

Books of the Month - August

Another good month for books, I read 7 and enjoyed all of them.


The Boy Who Killed Grant Parker by Kat Spears. This is about a boy who moves to the edge of nowhere and becomes popular at school. My in depth review is here


The Ghost Fields by Elly Griffiths. I love the Ruth Galloway books and find Ruth a really likeable protagonist. This one was quite slow, but I still liked it.


As I Descended by Robin Talley. I've really enjoyed all of Talley's books and she's definitely one of my favourite current authors. This book is a queer retelling of Macbeth set in a private boarding school in America. It's really creepy and fascinating, I loved it. My in-depth review is here


Keeping Her Secret by Sarah Nicholas. This is a cute f/f romance set in a summer camp with a bisexual, multiracial main character who I really liked. Very sweet book. My review is here



The Lost and the Found by Cat Clarke. This is about a girl whose sister was taken when she was six and the protagonist was four. Now she's back. It's really interesting. My in-depth review is here.


The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill. This is one of her crime novels and I liked it. It wasn't perfect but her main characters were likeable, if a bit posh.


Local Girl Missing by Claire Douglas. This was alright, not amazing and I guessed some of the plot. I liked it well enough though.

What did you read in August?

No comments:

Post a Comment