Sunday, April 3, 2016

Visit to Southwold

We didn't want to do much on the Thursday of our holiday, as we were going out in the evening. We had breakfast and lunch at the cottage and then set out to Sothwold. I knew we'd been last time we were in Suffolk, and I remembered the pretty beach huts. The pier was being regenerated then, and it's now a really thriving little place that I definitely recommend a visit to. Lee didn't remember it at all! I don't know why I bother taking him on holiday sometimes!


The sunshine was absolutely beautiful, we both needed it 


Looking down the length of the pier

.

George Orwell spent time in Southwold as a teenager and later in life, and an artist made this mural in 2014, I love George Orwell so I thought it was great


Orwell himself


Quote from Animal Farm


The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea. The sea is definitely my cure all!


How cute are the beach huts?


Enjoying a hot chocolate in the sunshine


The sun glittering off the water - it was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment