Monday, September 15, 2014

Lee's first camping trip

I grew up in a caravanning family; we had three different touring ones as I was growing up and my mum still keeps the last one on a site in York. I've been all over Europe in a caravan and although Lee has been with my family, he didn't enjoy it.

Last year though I got bitten by the camping bug when I went to Wales. I'd been twice this year already, once to York and once to the Lake District. I really wanted Lee to like it so we decided to go to Monyash near Bakewell in Derbyshire.

We went Sunday and Monday nights so the site was practically deserted. Each pitch had a picnic table which was really useful. Lee and I put the tent up at got everything sorted.

My mum and stepdad bought Lee a small grill/barbecue for his birthday so we took that, some turkey to grill, and some salad. I also made a nice salad with a yummy avocado.

The site had a washing up area, two nice showers, and several well stocked loos. They also seem to be working on a new shower/toilet area so I think the facilities will only improve. However, the road nearby was quite noisy so I was glad I'd taken earplugs.


Our camping area. My tent has a sleeping area at either side.


The grill - I swear it wasn't that close to the tent!

On Monday we wanted to go into Bakewell but they were doing roadworks and the queues were stupid. We went to Buxton instead, which is a nice little town. We had lunch in Costa and then perused all the charity shops. Lee likes to buy jigsaws and I like to look at the books. 

In the evening we went to the Bulls Head in Monyash which was really nice if a little expensive.

Lee enjoyed his first camping trip and did well at setting everything up with me, so I think we'll definitely go next year too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment